For individuals and couples seeking to build or grow their families, JCFS Chicago provides consultation, support and education.
Consultation & Resources
- Information about the adoption process and connections to adoption home study and placement agencies, attorneys and more
- Information about foster care, including foster to adopt
- Infertility support and resources
- Post-adoption support and resources
- Adoption, Foster Care & Infertility Resources
Support, Education and Building Communities
- Support groups for Jewish adoptive and prospective adoptive families
- Support groups for individuals and couples struggling with fertility challenges in building their family
- Workshops focused on a variety of topics such as the pre-adoption process, adoption and the Jewish family, parenting in transracial/transcultural families and Jewish perspectives on infertility
- Events including an annual summer picnic and Jewish holiday celebrations
Partnering with JUF on Path to Parenthood
- The Jewish United Fund (JUF) has partnered with the Coalition for Family Building to provide JUF Path to Parenthood Grants
- Educational workshops and support groups for individuals and couples
Professional Training and Consultation
- Education sessions for cross-discipline professionals to strengthen their knowledge about the unique issues of Jewish families
- Consultation on adoption and infertility issues as well as available community resources
Support & Funding
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, the Rubens Family Foundation, and other generous donors.
For More Information:
Marsha Raynes, LCSW, Manager Adoption and Infertility Supports, 847.745.5408.