Support for People with Disabilities
In honor of Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance, and Inclusion Month (JDAIM), JCFS Chicago is proud to join Jewish local and national organizations in a unified effort to raise awareness and elevate the voices of people living with disabilities. At JCFS, we provide services and programs throughout the entire year that give people with disabilities, their families and caregivers the support they need to be accepted and included in all aspects of Jewish and community life.
JCFS Chicago disability services:
- Integrated Pediatric Therapies offer individualized services and supports for infants and children with developmental delays and disabilities and their families. Supports may include speech-language, occupational or physical therapy, and other types of services based on the needs of the child and family.
- Respite takes a supportive, nurturing, and therapeutic approach, combined with fun, social, and recreational activities, while providing a well-deserved break for families caring for children with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Sibshops offer brothers and sisters of children with special needs a place to meet other siblings in a relaxed, supportive and recreational setting.
- Home-based Support Services for Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities (Home-Based Waiver) helps individuals and families coordinate and manage home-based services through the Illinois Department of Human Services, such as self-direction assistance, home modification, adaptive equipment costs, hiring a personal support worker and various therapies.
- The Duman Opportunity Center is committed to helping people with disabilities find and maintain meaningful employment through high-quality, customized services, such as job readiness training, placement assistance, retention strategies, and job coaching. For employers looking to build an inclusive workplace, the Duman Opportunity Center offers support to businesses who embrace disability inclusion in their hiring practices.
- Contracted Employment Services assist adults with disabilities and other barriers to employment obtain and maintain jobs in janitorial or administrative support services.
- Residential Supports is a consumer-directed model that focuses on individual choice and family partnering, facilitating connections for individuals who would like to live together. Using a person-centered approach to foster independence, we empower residents to be more self-sufficient and use resources in the community. Many residents are employed, use public transportation, are socially engaged and often visit their families.
- Community Education is a platform that offers informational presentations on topics relevant to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities, their families and caregivers, professionals, and the larger community.
For more information call 855.275.5237 or email Ask@JCFS.org