In the event that you have a complaint about JCFS Chicago’s services, the following procedure will need to be followed to have your grievance heard.
- The client shares a concern with an Agency staff member. The agency staff attempts to address the issue to the client’s satisfaction. If the issue is resolved, no further action is indicated. If the issue is not resolved, the staff member informs the supervisor who in turn initiates an investigation within 2 business days of receipt of the complaint, ensures client confidentiality is protected and attempts to resolve the complaint. If the complaint is not resolved, a Client Grievance Form is given to the client to complete. After completion, the supervisor forwards the form to the next level supervisor. The name and phone number of that supervisor will be given to the client. The Chief Operating Officer is designated to accept client grievances. A copy of all grievances is forwarded to the Chief Operating Officer.
- The next level supervisor speaks with the client in an attempt to resolve the difficulty, offering to meet with the client if indicated. The supervisor ensures client confidentiality is protected.
- If the grievance is resolved, this is indicated on the Client Grievance Form.
- If there is no resolution, the name and phone number of the Chief Operating Officer is given to the client. The Chief Operating Officer will speak with the client in an attempt to resolve the difficulty, offering to meet with the client if indicated. The Chief Operating Officer ensures client confidentiality is protected.
Adoption Services Client Complaint Procedure
It is the policy of JCFS Chicago to provide clients with a voice and a means of communicating to administration if they believe their rights have been violated. The Adoption Services Client grievance process will be used to address all adoption-related complaints.
The goal of JCFS Chicago is to provide the highest quality and most appropriate services to all participants who request or are referred for service. As part of this commitment to service, JCFS Chicago recognizes that the participant, legal guardian and/or family have an intrinsic interest in the type and quality of services received. If at any time the participant, legal guardian or family is dissatisfied with the care being provided to them, they are entitled to express this dissatisfaction and be involved in the resolution of this conflict. The intent of the policy is to provide a means for an adoptive family or client to report a complaint or grievance, or for an employee to report an alleged violation of a client’s rights; and to ensure that any grievance or complaint regarding services can be resolved satisfactorily at the earliest possible moment.
JCFS Chicago complaint policy and procedures are provided in writing to prospective adoptive clients at the time of intake, which include biological parents, adoptive parents, and an adoptee that the agency has served. Receipt of a copy of the agency's policy and procedure shall be signed and dated by the client and witnessed, and a copy shall be maintained in the client's file. The agency will maintain and post the complaint procedure and Agency license number, as well as the statewide toll-free adoption agency information and complaint registry telephone number:
JCFS Chicago DCFS License Number: 010618
State Central Registry toll-free number: 800.252.2873
Once a client shares a complaint with an Agency staff member, JCFS Chicago will initiate an investigation of the complaint received within 2 business days.
- JCFS Chicago maintains written documentation of all complaints received by the agency on the Client Grievance Complaint form, which is filed in the client’s case file. A receipt of a copy of the JCFS Chicago policy and procedure is signed and dated by the client and witnessed, and a copy maintained in the client's file.
- JCFS Chicago will report the outcome of its complaint investigation, in writing, to the IDCFS regional licensing office or the IDCFS Licensing Representative within 10 business days after a complaint is received.
- JCFS Chicago prohibits any form of retaliation against a person making a complaint.
- The JCFS Chicago Chief Operating Officer is designated to accept consumer complaints.
- The Resolution of all complaints are reported to the JCFS Chicago Board of Directors at the next meeting following the filing of a complaint.