A unique opportunity for social, emotional, academic, and Jewish success
Knapp Yeshiva integrates the settings of our Knapp School & Yeshiva and a Jewish day school. This combination allows us to create unique opportunities for social, emotional, academic and Jewish success.
We serve Jewish children who are serious about continuing their Jewish studies and require additional educational and social/emotional support. Our program meets requirements for general studies and includes instruction in Kriah (Hebrew reading), Ivrit (Modern Hebrew), Torah, Prophets, Jewish Law, and Mishnah/Talmud, depending on the precise needs and program of the student. A dedicated faculty provides an individualized program of study.
When appropriate, our students take classes at other Jewish schools as part of their academic program. To broaden their communal and Jewish involvements, we encourage social and volunteer opportunities. Our Yeshiva students have successfully reintegrated to mainstream Jewish school programs and have gone on to receive degrees from undergraduate and graduate universities, professional schools, and Jewish study programs in Israel.
Our Knapp Yeshiva accepts students whose tuition is provided by their local school district into its full-day program. If a family’s good-faith effort to apply for their local school district to send their child to a therapeutic day school has not met with success, parents are still encouraged to inquire about possible private placement at our Knapp Yeshiva.
We also accept students through partnership arrangements with other day schools. Our students through partnership arrangements with other day schools. Partnership students divide their academic time between a home Jewish day school and the Knapp Yeshiva.
Prospective students may be referred by
- Jewish day and high schools
- the Virginia Frank Child Development Center
- the Associated Talmud Torahs (ATT)
- public school districts
- or other involved professionals.
The Knapp Yeshiva maintains active partnerships…
- With a variety of Chicago-area Jewish schools, including those affiliated with ATT.
- In Fall 2011, the Yeshiva Program became a member school of the Kehillah Jewish Education Fund of Chicago in recognition of its services to Jewish students.
- The Yeshiva is also supported by the Jewish Day School Guaranty Trust Fund in partnership with the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation.
The Knapp Yeshiva provides…
- Reintegration support for students participating in classes at mainstream Jewish day schools
- Beit Midrash for learning, davening, celebrations and commemorations
Arrange a tour today: Call toll-free 855-ASK-JCFS (855.275.5237) or contact us.