During one of many “well-baby” doctor appointments, a parent may hear a pediatrician comment that baby’s grip isn’t as strong as it should be, or that the toddler’s speech, while understandable, may not be at the level of other toddlers of the same age. At home, a parent may see that her three-year-old doesn’t like the texture of certain foods, or may avoid touching certain surfaces or fabrics. When concerned, a parent may welcome the help of the early intervention specialists from the Integrated Pediatric Interventions program at Jewish Child & Family Services.
Our outstanding Speech-Language, Occupational, Developmental and Social Work therapies are provided through the Glick Center for Early Childhood Services. These services provide children with comprehensive, individualized treatments and plans to best address a child’s diagnosis and unique developmental needs. Our multi-disciplinary team understands the essential role that the family plays in the development of their child. That’s why many of our efforts focus on helping parents understand their child’s diagnosis and empowers them to incorporate treatments into their child’s daily routine. Our services include:
- Developmental Therapy focuses on a child’s cognitive development, play skills and behaviors
- Speech- Language Therapy focuses on functional communication and feeding skills
- Occupational Therapy focuses on motor, sensory and learning skills
- Social Work supports parents and families to make child’s therapies have greater impact
- Toddler Groups and Peer Groups offered to enhance individual services
- In-Home Therapy provides recommended services for your child in the comfort of familiar surroundings
What people are saying about the value of early intervention with IPI
“. . .The therapists are very knowledgeable and able to adapt teaching methods to meet Jordan’s needs and help him reach his milestones. My son has excelled at JCFS and I feel lucky to have found such a devoted, loving group of therapists.”
Questions about insurance? Email our insurance specialist, Julia Kaminski.
Two Locations, One Easy Number
For additional information or to ask about making an appointment, please call toll-free 855-ASK-JCFS (855-275-5237) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elaine Kersten Children's Center
255 Revere Drive, Suite 200
Northbrook, IL 60062
Joy Faith Knapp Children's Center
3145 W. Pratt Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60645