The world around us keeps changing, but one thing remains the same – young people like you are the leaders we need.
Operation Snowball is an intensive weekend retreat planned and led by teens, for teens. Snowball is a safe space for everyone to express themselves, share their life experiences with others, and have a great time while doing so!
Applications for current teen leadership program are closed. You can still participate in the Operation Snowball weekend retreat!
As a Snowball Teen Leader, You Will:
- Make friends with other amazing teens who will inspire and support you
- Develop leadership skills you can use to make a difference
- Build your confidence to express yourself, step up as a leader, and help others express themselves
- Develop workshops and activities for an entire weekend around essential topics like mental health, gender and race, healthy relationships, and more! You will see your ideas flourish!
- Have fun and learn a ton that you probably would not learn elsewhere
- Lead a retreat weekend for other teens in the Spring of 2022
At our weekly meetings beginning in the Fall of 2021, we will engage in fun team building activities, meaningful discussions, and leadership training to help you gain confidence in your facilitation skills.
Currently, our plan is to have both our meetings and the larger retreat in person. We will follow the most up to date CDC and state guidelines for people’s health and safety and continually inform you and your caregivers of any changes.
Contact: Jackie Kretchmer | JackieKretchmer@JCFS.org
What it means to be a Teen Leader
Pushing Past Boundaries
Being a teen leader means pushing past boundaries, both physical and emotional, to learn how to work as a cohesive team. Leaders engage in fun team-building activities and bond during our Teen Leader Lock-In overnight.
Teen Leaders plan and run the entire Snowball Retreat Weekend. The weekend is a time for fun and empowerment. These leaders are engaged in hilarious skits introducing participants to the weekend at Camp Chi.
Leadership, Spirit and Passion
Each year one Teen Leader is honored with the Tracey Hirshman Memorial award. The award, which comes with a $500 gift toward college expenses, honors Tracey Hirshman, a Snowball leader whose life was tragically cut short. Teen Leaders select their peer who best embodies the essence of Operation Snowball – leadership, spirit and passion.