Policy, Advocacy and You: Affordable and Accessible Housing
Please join us for this event in recognition of Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance and Inclusion Month. This year, the discussion will focus on the critical shortage of accessible and affordable housing in the Chicago area and the impact that this has on older adults and adults with disabilities. Local community housing advocacy programs will highlight what can be done to influence and create positive change around housing issues.
- Noah Moskowitz, Senior Housing Organizer ONE Northside
- Cathleen O’Brien, Community Development Organizer - Housing Access Living
Register online by February 18, 2020! (There is no walk-in registration. $40 payment at door for professionals with cash or check to CJE SeniorLife)
- A map of the area and parking information will be provided to participants prior to the event.
- CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) services, personal attendant services, large print and braille documents will be available at the program. ASL upon request.
- To request additional accommodations, inquire about travel planning or ask any other questions about this program, contact us at 773.508.1121.
Program sponsors: Access Living, CJE SeniorLife, JCFS Chicago, Linkages, ONE Northside, The ARK, UIC Department of Disability and Human Development
Beth Hillel Congregation B’nai Emunah
3220 Big Tree Lane
Wilmette, IL 60091