There is an adage that we grow through learning: At JCFS, we wholeheartedly agree.
For adults who want to enhance their knowledge of issues that affect people with disabilities – working toward greater understanding, empathy, service and leadership – we offer community education courses on a wide range of topics. Open to professionals, people with disabilities, and family members of people with disabilities.
Read the Winter 2015 Compass Newsletter here.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Social Work and QIDPs are available for all presentations.
JCFS community education courses feature expert speakers whose teaching skills are well-suited for the adult learner. Past topics have included:
- Working while Maintaining Social Security Benefits (SSI and SSDI)
- Staying Safe Online: Internet Safety for People with Disabilities
- Special Needs Trusts
- Healthcare Reform: How will People with Disabilities be Affected?
- Transportation Rights
- Microboards and Cooperatives
- Social Security Applications & Appeals
To begin planning your next group presentation with the JCFS Community Education team, please contact us.