There is an adage that we grow through learning. At JCFS, we wholeheartedly agree.
We offer community education courses on a wide range of topics for those who want to enhance their understanding of issues that affect people with disabilities. The purpose of these events is to educate and inform in order to enhance understanding, empathy, service and leadership for people with disabilities, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and CPDUs are available for all presentations.
JCFS community education courses feature expert speakers whose teaching skills are well-suited for the adult learner. Past topics have included:
Services for People with Disabilities
- Working while Maintaining Social Security Benefits (SSI and SSDI)
- Staying Safe Online: Internet Safety for People with Disabilities
- Special Needs Trusts
- Healthcare Reform: How will People with Disabilities be Affected?
- Transportation Rights
- Microboards and Cooperatives
Additional JCFS Community Education Opportunities:
Jewish Healing Network of Chicago
- Bikur Cholim (visiting the sick) training in synagogues
- Community Conference on Addiction Recovery
- Renewal of Spirit: Living with Loss, Healing with Hope
- Babi-Yar Commemmoration
- JCARES Workshops on Domestic Violence
and many more.