Serving the Jewish Community where they live, learn, work and worship.
Synagogue Community Partnership (SCP) is an innovative model of community-based engagement and service delivery that aims to enhance the well-being of individuals and families in diverse Jewish communities through improved access to needed services; and maximize deployment of Jewish community resources while strengthening strategic partnerships.
How Does It Work?
A congregation contracts with Jewish Child & Family Services for an average amount of service hours per week. JCFS assigns an appropriately trained and experienced Liaison to be a single touchpoint for the congregation. The Liaison may be on-site at the partner synagogue and/or available to the Rabbi, professional staff, lay leadership and congregants via email or phone. The Liaison may provide services/programming directly or may draw on JCFS or other resources as appropriate. Actual services provided are contingent on the specific needs of the partner synagogue; possible offerings include:
- Case management to address areas ranging from mental health, financial, housing, domestic violence, substance abuse, medical concerns, behavioral, social and relationship issues
- Connections to appropriate JCFS or other community-based services
- Information, referral, and advocacy
- Consultative support for professional staff and lay leadership
- Education/prevention programming on such topics as addiction, bullying, healthy relationships, infertility, wellness, chronic illness, parenting, and stress management
- Support groups in areas such as bereavement and loss or substance abuse
- Professional training
- Counseling and other clinical services
Synagogue Partnerships in Chicago
Anshe Emet Synagogue
Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel
Temple Sholom of Chicago
Synagogue Partnerships in Chicago's northern suburbs
Congregation Beth Shalom Northbrook
Synagogue Partnerships in Chicago’s western suburbs
Congregation Etz Chaim
Oak Park Temple
West Suburban Temple Har Zion
SYNAGOGUE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP STAFF