Offered free of charge to those who qualify, our short-term training results in state licensing and prepares pharmacy technicians for the National Certification exam - and a promising career.
How it works
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists dispense prescription medication and are the customer service arm of the pharmacy. Pharmacy techs work in a vast number of health care environments including retail, hospitals, mail order and residential care facilities. Pharmacy techs are required to obtain a state license and eventually are required to become nationally certified.
Our Pharmacy Technician Training program is offered to eligible adults and provides:
- 144 hours of hands-on training by a nationally certified pharm-tech instructor
- Assistance with securing a 120-hour externship experience
- A State of Illinois pharmacy technician license
- Job readiness training and career counseling
- Preparedness for the Pharmacy Technician national certification
- Help with part and full-time employment
Why it works
Our licensed staff is dedicated to ensuring that Pharmacy Technician graduates are the best in their field. Years of expertise gives us insight into the real life experiences of pharm techs and the rewards and challenges faced on a daily basis. We are committed to your success and to provide you with a career - not just a job - in a growing field.
Take the first step