Here's How You Can Redefine What's Possible:
Your Gift of $500:
- pays for a young child with autism in our Integrated Pediatric Interventions program to attend a Developmental Play Group.
- provides ongoing guidance to a congregation participating in the Safer Synagogues program, building our community's awareness of and ability to respond to family violence.
- covers supply costs for an art psychotherapy group for school-aged children who have difficulty in a typical classroom setting.
- pays for four counseling sessions at Response for an at-risk teen.
- helps provide vocational training for a teen preparing for independent living.
- pays for a child with special needs to learn the skills to make and nurture friendships through a peer support group.
Your Gift of $250:
- covers the cost of two weeks of counseling for an adult struggling with depression.
- provides a month of counseling for a student in our Therapeutic Yeshiva class.
- funds a workshop for parents that address the building a family through adoption, provided by Project Esther: The Chicago Jewish Adoption Network.
- covers the cost for a staff member to respond to inquiries to our Disability Helpline for a day.
- brings a child in Foster Care the joy of attending summer camp.
- allows a JCFS research specialist to mine the field for best practices in youth substance abuse prevention.
Your Gift of $100:
- provides financial counseling to help a family meet basic needs such as food and housing.
- allows one child to attend one day at the Virginia Frank Therapeutic Nursery.
- allows a family to participate in an afternoon of Sunday Respite, providing a much needed break for parents caring for a child with a disability.
- allows a parent who has lost a child to attend a bereavement group at our Jewish Healing Network of Chicago.
- provides training on the Virginia Frank Phase Model, giving early childhood educators the tools for addressing the needs of young children with special needs.
- pays for 30 middle school students to participate in an anti-bullying presentation with Response's Outreach team.
Your Gift of $50:
- provides a needy child with a special holiday gift.
- sponsors incentives for students to achieve their academic and behavioral goals.
- supports our Coffee and Conversation Group, a chance for Holocaust Survivors to discuss current events, family celebrations and the challenges of aging.
- covers the costs of materials for Sibshops, offering siblings of children with disabilities a chance to meet one another in a relaxed setting.
- allows a child to participate in a Family Commons cooking class.
- allows a foster parent to attend an evening of training on how to effectively care for a child with special emotional needs.