Addiction Recovery is a Jewish Issue
"It is forbidden for a person to injure himself or others..."
--Maimonides Code, Laws of Damages 5:1
If you or a family member has a problem with alcohol, prescription drugs or illegal substances, then JCFS offers programs that can help you on the path of Recovery from an addiction. We offer assistance to people who are in the process of determining whether a problem exists and need direction in taking the next step on their path to healing and Recovery. We also work with those who are in Recovery and are looking for a Jewish connection.
Addiction is a cunning and baffling foe. Many tools are needed to help people find healing and wholeness. Jewish Healing Network of Chicago offers the following tools:
- Spiritual Programs – Join with other members of the Jewish Recovery Community to discover or strengthen your Recovery program, and connect your 12-Step program to Judaism. Two programs are offered each year.
- Information and Referral – If you or a member of your family has a problem with alcohol or drugs, including prescription drugs, we can help you explore your options and find the appropriate services.
- Speaker’s Bureau – members of the Jewish Recovery community are eager to speak to congregations, schools and community groups to help raise awareness of addiction in the Jewish community.
o Meet individually with the JHNC rabbi/chaplain to explore Recovery and spirituality/Judaism. Contact Rabbi Joe.
o Click here to find a 12-step and chemical dependency support groups offered in your Jewish community.
We encourage involvement in the appropriate Recovery Community.
Find more information through the links below:
- AA – Alcoholics Anonymous
- AlAnon Family Groups–for Family Members and Friends of Alcoholics/Addicts
- CA - Cocaine Anonymous
- FA - Families Anonymous
- SMART Recovery - Self Help for Addiction and Alcohol Abuse
- GA - Gambler's Anonymous
- OA - Overeaters Anonymous
- SLAA - Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- JACS - Jewish Alcoholics, Chemically dependent and Significant others
- 12-Step Torah – for anyone who would like to integrate Jewish text and teachings into their 12-step program
Addiction Recovery is a program of the Jewish Healing Network of Chicago (JHNC).
Call Beth Fishman, PhD, Outreach and Addiction Specialist, at 847-745-5422 or email today.